Health, Safety and Wellbeing
We put the health, safety and wellbeing of our team at the forefront of our work and we will ensure that all of our contractors uphold this commitment and follow suit with their own practices.
We will work with our suppliers to ensure that they deal with all health and safety matters in accordance with our policies, all relevant regulations, and guidance issued by the Health and Safety Executive generally and specifically to the waste industry.
In response to COVID-19, we have worked with our contractors to agree measures to ensure the safety of all workers on site. These measures are in line with the construction industry’s best practice guidelines.
Our Safety First vision
North London Heat and Power Project aims to achieve zero harm to everyone involved in the project, and working and living in the local community, by putting health, safety and wellbeing as the number one priority.
Our vision is delivered through our Safety First campaign which has four main aspects:
- Speaking up if you think something doesn't seem right
- Taking responsibility for your own safety and the safety of those around you
- Choosing to follow safety rules and procedures rather than having to
- Going home safely at the end of each day
Our induction video below outlines our commitment to Health, Safety and Wellbeing to successfully deliver our vision:
Help yourself and others keep safe by following these simple steps:
- Never undertake a task if you think it isn’t safe
- Let us know immediately if you see a hazard
- Help reduce risks by thinking about what you’re doing and what could go wrong
- Prevent issues by acting on lessons learned
- Prepare for work by having the right protective equipment with you at all times
For questions about safety on the project, contact the Health, Safety & Wellbeing Delivery Manager, Richard Rachel at Richard.Rachael@safersphere.co.uk.