How will noise be managed after construction?
The new facility has been carefully designed to comply with noise limits, which will be controlled and monitored by the Environment Agency. This will keep operational noise limits to a minimum.
Several measures will be used to minimise noise:
- locating the most significant plant and equipment in the centre of the site, as far away from our neighbours as possible;
- containing certain equipment associated with the generation of power (such as the turbine and Combined Heat and Power units) within specifically designed areas of the building;
- fitting the new ERF with screening vents (acoustic louvers) and fast acting roller shutter doors;
- screening the cooling system (known as the steam condensers) to minimise noise; and
- equipping all vents and exhausts with silencers.
Was this article helpful
We strive to answer every question you may have. We ask for your feedback to help us improve our answers.