How will noise be managed after construction?
The new facility has been carefully designed to comply with noise limits, which will be controlled and monitored by the Environment Agency. This will keep operational noise limits to a minimum.
Several measures will be used to minimise noise:
- The most significant plant and equipment are located in the centre of the site, as far away from our neighbours as possible;
- certain equipment associated with the generation of power (such as the turbine and Combined Heat and Power units) are contained within specifically designed areas of the building;
- The new ERF will be fitted with a screening vents (acoustic louvers) and fast acting roller shutter doors;
- The cooling system (known as the steam condensers) are screened to minimise noise; and
- All vents and exhausts are to be equipped with silencers.
Was this article helpful
We strive to answer every question you may have. We ask for your feedback to help us improve our answers.