What improvements will the project deliver?
North London Heat and Power Project will:
- Generate 78 megawatts of power from waste which can supply electricity and heat for up to 127,000 homes.
- Save the equivalent of 215,000 tonnes of CO² every year using energy recovery rather than disposing to landfill. That’s like taking 110,000 cars off the road.
- Improve air quality in north London with a current plant that operates 20% better than the permitted levels of nitrogen oxide and the new facility performing at more than 60% better.
- Support an impressive programme for over 100 apprenticeships and 225 skills training opportunities for the local community.
- Create over 2,500 job opportunities during construction and operation, further boosting the local economy.
- Treat waste for over 2 million residents in the most cost-effective way.
Was this article helpful
We strive to answer every question you may have. We ask for your feedback to help us improve our answers.