Where will the buildings be positioned?
- Provides space for landscaping the EcoPark
- Ensures the existing plant can operate up until the replacement is operational
- Provides space for a visitor and education centre in EcoPark House near the River Lee Navigation
- Delivers the facilities required to manage north London’s waste
- Creates new site access points.
Many of the existing facilities currently in the north will be relocated and housed inside a new Resource Recovery Facility in the South. This building will also feature a new Reuse and Recycling Centre for the public. Composting will take place off site.
On the eastern edge, along the river, the new EcoPark House will be home to a visitor centre where people can learn more about waste, heat and power.
Once the Energy Recovery Facility is fully up and running, we’ll decommission and take down the old one.
You can view a video of what the building will look like and where they will be positioned on our Project Page
Was this article helpful
We strive to answer every question you may have. We ask for your feedback to help us improve our answers.